Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sanitary district Ang Sila

Vihan Thep Sathit
I just found one of the missing municipality announcements, the one for Ang Sila (อ่างศิลา) in Chonburi. In fact, I already had that one in my list of announcements, but it was one of the many I still haven't processed. For the municipalities (and the sanitary districts) I have only done the creations and abolishments so far, but left out the area changes for later. But this missing announcement hide itself in one of these - the change of area of Saen Suk (แสนสุข) was done together with the creation of the sanitary district Ang Sila. The announcement (Volume 104, Issue 118 ง, Pages 4216-4220) is titled ประกาศกระทรวงมหาดไทย เรื่อง เปลี่ยนแปลงเขตสุขาภิบาลแสนสุขและจัดตั้งสุขาภิบาลอ่างศิลา อำเภอเมืองชลบุรี จังหวัดชลบุรี (Announcement of the Ministry of Interior on change of area of sanitary district Saen Suk and creation of sanitary district Ang Sila, Mueang Chonburi district, Chonburi province). But - in the Royal Gazette database this announcement is filed under a slightly different title, leaving out the "จัดตั้ง" (create, setup), thus it read like there was just a change of area for both sanitary districts.

The photo shows the Chinese shrine Vihan Thep Sathit (วิหารเทพสถิตพระกิติเฉลิม), which is located within the area of Ang Sila municipality. I will feature it in my "Unseen Thailand" blog once I have the time to research a bit on it and write it down.

No comments: