Saturday, September 6, 2008

Google Earth update

Google Earth has rolled out another set of new areas in higher resolution, but as there was no announcement in their own blog yet, the inofficial Google Earth Blog has collected the places reported by readers. In Thailand I did find the following places to have new higher resolution:
  • Thung Song, Nakhon Si Thammarat
  • A longer strip in Mae Hong Son province, from Mae La Noi via Mae Sariang down till Sop Moei
  • Wiang Kaen, Chiang Rai
  • Some boundary area in Nong Khai, since a large area around Vientiane was updated
  • Also a piece of jungle west of Hua Hin
But it has only had 4 district articles on Wikipedia which I could place better with these data, for those in Mae Hong Son I already got the right coordinates with PointAsia. If I missed any places in the above list let me know.

No comments: