Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Local Directory 2546

Cover of Local Directory Volume 1Last year I discovered an EBook from the Department of Provincial Administration which includes a list of all the Muban as of 2003. I didn't work with that one much until now, so when I did look into it again I noticed that not only the second PDF is broken, but also the first one lacks several pages. Luckily all the pages are also available as JPG files, but since having them in a single PDF is much more handy these are not that much an alternative.

So after some searching I found the nice small software JPEG to PDF, which allows to convert one or several JPG files into a PDF. So it was easy to create the correct and complete EBook-PDFs.
  1. ทำเนียบท้องที่ พุทธศักราช ๒๕๔๖ เล่ม ๑ (Local Directory 2546 Volume 1), Krabi till Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya
  2. ทำเนียบท้องที่ พุทธศักราช ๒๕๔๖ เล่ม ๒ (Local Directory 2546 Volume 2), Phang Nga till Amnat Charoen
One thing I did not notice when looking at this EBook the first time is the fact that the book also lists the dates when each of the district was created as a minor district and upgraded to a full district. Especially for the very old districts this might be interesting to compare with the data I could compile from the Royal Gazette, and even more so those I could not find in the Royal Gazette.

No comments: