- Khok Yai (เทศบาลตำบลโคกใหญ่), Non Sang district, Nong Bua Lam Phu province, effective March 5 2008. The TAO was created in 1999, covers 38.73 km², 7 villages and 3,701 citizen.
- Kho Laen (เทศบาลตำบลคอแลน), Buntharik district, Ubon Ratchathani province, effective July 18 2008. The TAO was created in 1996, covers 244.54 km², 18 villages and 12,274 citizen.
- Wang Sai (เทศบาลตำบลวังไทร), Pak Chong district, Nakhon Ratchasima province, effective July 18 2008. The TAO was created in 1996, covers 134.34 km², 18 villages and 11,197 citizen.
- Thang Phun (เทศบาลตำบลทางพูน), Chaloem Phra Kiat district, Nakhon Si Thammarat province, effective July 17 2008. The TAO was created in 1996, covers 41 km², 6 villages and 9,161 citizen.
- Khung Taphao (เทศบาลตำบลคุ้งตะเภา), Mueang Uttaradit district, Uttaradit province, effective April 17 2008. The TAO was created in 1996, covers 37.46 km², 8 villages and 8,732 citizen.
- Nong Phue (เทศบาลตำบลหนองผือ), Chaturaphak Phiman district, Roi Et province, effective April 4 2008. The TAO was created in 1996, covers 37.03 km², 11 villages and 7,788 citizen.
- And finally, the upgrade of Ko Samui to city status (thesaban nakhon), which had been topic here before, now was approved, so the last attempt to block it by the governor of Surat Thani wasn't successful. The upgrade is already effective, it was set to April 19.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Municipal decisions from March 14 2008
Meeting number 21 from March 14 2008 with the upgrade of 6 TAO to subdistrict municipalities and one municipality upgrade.