Monday, March 2, 2009

Village headmen exception in Tak

Another Royal Gazette announcement related with the subdivisions, though not one of those I usually process for the histories of the subdivisions. So it was a bit of fluke that I noticed this one at all, when looking at the recent publications I just noticed the ผู้ใหญ่บ้าน (Phu Yai Ban, village headman) at end, and I took a closer look inside.

The full title of the announcement is "ประกาศจังหวัดตาก เรื่อง ยกเว้นหรือผ่อนผันคุณสมบัติของผู้ที่จะได้รับเลือกเป็นผู้ใหญ่บ้าน" which means "Announcement of Tak Province on the omission or exception of qualifications of a person who will become village headman". The village in question is Village 4 or Ban Mae Om Ki (หมู่ที่ ๔ บ้านแม่อมกิ), Mae Wa Luang subdistrict (ตำบลแม่วะหลวง), Tha Song Yang district (อำเภอท่าสองยาง).

The announcement actually only cites the laws which the decision is based on, and that the governor of Tak has the authority to make this exception. The only thing it adds to the title of the announcement is the word "พื้นความรู้" which means "background knowledge". I am not sure if I understand this correctly, I would think it means he does not have the educational degree necessary for the post.

I have checked quickly for similar announcements like this in the past - there were two in 2008, one in 2006, four in 2004, and a lot in 2001 and some other years, the oldest is from 1974.

No comments: