The numbers as of January 12, 19:35, published on the starting page of the Bangkok city administration
- Sukhumbhand Paripatra, 934,602 votes, 44.1%
- Yuranan Pamornmontri, 611,669 votes, 25.2%
- Nattakorn Devakula, 334,846 votes, 15.8%
- Kaewsan Atibhoti, 144,779 votes, 6.8%
- Leena Jungjanja, 9,043 votes, 0.4%
As the Democratic Party together with their coalition partners also won most of the by-elections necessary to fill the seats in the national parliament after the banning of the PPP officials, last Sunday was quite a happy day for the Democrats. I can only hope that this will give them the chance to do their work, Thailand needs a stable government now with all the global crisis as well as the self-made tourism crisis.