- Poll finds most people prefer to have Kamnan and Phuyaiban elected every five years, August 16 2003
- Kamnan and Phuyaiban to be appointed by chief district officer, January 29 2004
- No govt scheme to rob people of democratic powers merely by having Kamnan, Phuyaiban appointed, January 31 2004
- Bill on appointed Kamnan, Phuyaiban withdrawn from cabinet, February 4 2004
- Interior Ministry to conduct poll on proposed appointment of Kamnan, Phuyaiban, February 20 2004
However one week later the bill was revoked to "settle a misunderstanding" first. But as far as I know it hasn't shown up again, these short news clippings were the first and only time I have heard about this plan.