The situation is quite opposite with Ubon Ratchathani - whereas Khorat was never changed since its creation as Boriwen Nakhon Ratchasima in 1899 [Gazette], Ubon Ratchathani was split twice.
A one-hour TV discussion was uploaded to YouTube, but my Thai is way to bad to follow any of it.
- 1939: Khong (อำเภอคง) split from Bua Yai [Gazette].
- 1957: Prathai (อำเภอประทาย) split from Bua Yai [Gazette].
- 1961: Non Daeng (อำเภอโนนแดง) was split from Prathai [Gazette].
- 1976: Ban Lueam (อำเภอบ้านเหลื่อม) split from Khong [Gazette].
- 1986: Kaeng Sanam Nang (อำเภอแก้งสนามนาง) split from Bua Yai [Gazette]
- 1997: Bua Lai (อำเภอบัวลาย, Gazette) and Sida (อำเภอสีดา, Gazette) were split from Bua Yai.